Sunday, February 17, 2008

You Should Have Heard Him!!


The weekend so far has been rather uneventful.

On Sat, Ski replaced a closet shelf that had fallen down on his head one day a few weeks ago. I suddenly have more room on my side of the closet now!! While he did that, I ran "quick errand" to check out some used bookstores. Well, a few things happened there. I was unable to locate the first store, took a wrong turn and ended up in a different state!! Actually, it is not that hard to do, but you will have to trust me on that one. And I better not hear any laughing from the direction of Hershey!! (SOME people think I cannot find my way out of a paper bag.) When I finally got turned in the right direction, I headed off to find the second store that I was looking for. Apparently, that one did not exist either. But along the way, I did find areas of town I had never been in before!! I did manage to find Target and pick up medicine for Iz. He is almost out of nebulizer asthma meds and although we are proud new owners of an inhaler and spacer, it is so much more effective at Iz's age to use the nebulizer at home. With the flu bearing down in the area, I figured I had better replenish my supply. Unfortunately, I think I have to go to the medical supply place and buy a new neb set since one of my tiny green things got stepped on. Drat!! Hopefully I can just get the mouthpiece thing in lieu of all the tubing, etc. So anyway, we made it to Target but I never did find those stores. And here I was looking forward to some time hunting around with Hannah. When we finally got to Target, she said "I feel like we were on a long trip to somewhere."

Tonight we got home from care group and we were having the kids get ready for bed. Iz was stalling and did not want to go. I told him, "Tomorrow, Daddy gets to stay home." This did not elicit much of a response. Daddy stays home two days a week, but he is working and hidden away most of the day. When I realized that Iz thought that dad was just working at home, I said, "Sweetie, Daddy has a holiday tomorrow and he gets to stay home all day!!" The poor child nearly exploded with joy and ran off to the bottom of the stairs saying, "Guys!! It's a howliday tomorrow and daddy is going to stay Hooooooooooome!!!!!" He just loves his Daddy!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Sooooo...what used bookstores were you looking for???

Marge said...

Hi Becky. I tagged you!