Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tell Me It Isn't So.....


Ski has vowed not to post about this, so it is left to me. Lucky You!!!

Last night, Ski said, "How about a date night?!?!" I am always game for a night out, so I said, "Sure!!" We weren't sure what to do. Our favorite thing is to go and have Italian, but we were a bit short on the moolah and had had dinner anyway. We thought we would have dessert. Well, as much as I like ice cream, I am not keen on getting ice cream in the winter. My choice would be some pie, but apparently, there aren't any places that make pie anymore. Oh, and before someone mentions Bob Evans, I was sorely disappointed last time I ventured out for pie and tried them. After much thought and a stop at our usual romantic spot (Walmart), we decided to get tiramisu to go from Carraba's and take it down the road to Starbucks where we could sit and talk for awhile. When we pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks, I got a bit excited. I noticed what I thought was the car belonging to our favorite Barrista/SB manager. She doesn't normally work nights, so this was a real surprise. We ambled on up to the door only to find that it was CLOSED!!!! WHAT?!?!?! So off we went to the next closest Starbucks. It looked promising with people inside. And what is more, I was nearly run over by a Volvo driving, maniacal patron. Nope. It too, was closed. I think the maniacal patron was desperately in need of a caffeine buzz!! So, dear Ski, who is a determined kind of fellow, drove off 11 miles further to find us some good coffee. To our amazement, that store was also closed. So we forlornly headed to a nearby Chick-fil-a where I had a pretty darn bad cup of coffee. I think it was the dregs of the pot. :( Let me tell you, CFA is not very conducive to having meaningful conversation. This is especially true when there is a table full of noisy teens nearby discussing who is "Hot" and why they don't like that singer's music anymore.

Later, we discovered that all of the Starbucks stores in the nation were closed last night (unless you found yourself in an airport or a grocery store). But seriously, we were in a grocery store later and that one wasn't open either. Now, apparently Dunkin' Donuts and a local coffee chain knew about this and had deals for their patrons. We had no clue. And Ski had even watched the morning news and read his online news yesterday and didn't hear a word about it. I am even on their email list.

In other news here....we had snow today.
Seriously!!
It was hilarious! I had to drive Ski into work and I had the talk radio on. People were calling in from all over telling about the snow. I drove through it. It was SECONDS of flurries!! I heard that in Vermont, they were calling for 32 inches!! I told Ski to tell his boss about people going crackers over flurries. She lives in Chicago and I think she would find it hysterical. The weather guy said that there would be blowing and drifting sunshine. Two of my Skibums saw the snow. The rest did not believe us.

No comments: