Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hangin' out with Tweezy

Ok, lemme take a breath.............

Boy for a "sabbatical month" we've sure had a lot going on. I wanted to get some things that are blog-worthy up. B's already blogged about our "peachfest". MMMMmmm...pies..jams..mmmm. Life is good. BTW, "two bushels" doesn't sound like a lot, but that's four medium sized cardboard boxes full of peaches. I got a pretty bad case of poison ivy too. (from climbing under peach trees?)

My wireless connection on my laptop magically started working again--after going on on strike for 3 months. (yay!) No more being tethered to the desk with an Ethernet cord when I work from home! (who hoo!) BUT...(not so fast), then our remote (VPN) connection was "upgraded" and guess what? Wireless no longer working! (boo!) HOWEVER... God smiled on me and helped me figure it out after a few days. (I now have two programs that like to fight over who will allow remote access--one from home, one from the office). Anyway, I think I figured out the "new routine".

Here's one of the coolest thing that happened recently:
I took the older kids to a minor league ballgame where KJ-52 was performing a concert after the game. I've already posted an iPod worthy entry about KJ. Pretty much everyone in our family likes him but we didn't think the little ones would sit through nine innings and then a concert without going stir crazy or falling over exhausted.

I didn't realize the concessions at the ballpark were "CASH ONLY" so I was on the cellphone with B making online banking arrangements when I saw someone walk over to the merchandise tables that I thought looked a little like KJ. I've read on the Fourms page of his site that many people can't believe he sets up his own merch and will ask him "when's KJ-52 coming on?". So N was with me (we were on a food run and the girls were in the upper deck above us) and I told him to go get his sisters QUICK!!!

By the time they came down a small crowd had gathered and was interacting with him. I had finished my "financial arrangements" call with B and we were able to spend a few minutes talking to him. I had built into the kids the expectation that our Upper level, General Admission "nosebleed seats" would probably afford us a teeny-tiny view of the concert. So this was really quite a thrill to be face to face with "Five Tweezey". By the grace of God I had remembered to slip my camera in my pocket and he was gracious enough to let us snap a pic of him, as he put it, "hangin' with the chillies" and he even let C take a quite humorous pic of me and him. (I'm old and I'm in a silly hat but I'm still WAAAAAY COOOOL!!)

Oh, and the kid in front of us gloved a screamin' foul ball that was headed right toward my face. AND we got to move down to the lower level seats for the concert after the game. (swwweet!)

KJ, you RAWK (for Jesus)!!!

1 comment:

skisgirl said...

Waaaaaah!!!!
I just love me some KJ!!!!
(the rappin' momma in the full size van!)