Monday, August 25, 2008

1000 songs

My iPod Nano is now approximately half full. I have 8G of memory which they say equates to 2000 songs. I now have 1002 non-Christmas songs in iTunes. When I first got it about a year and a half ago, I went through every CD I own and loaded all "iPod worthy" songs into iTunes. I've also loaded songs from other sources as well as sermons, podcasts and movie audio.

I love to keep my iPod in shuffle mode so I always have a fresh song or audio piece playing while I'm in the car, running, or just waiting for the bus. I've set the probability of hearing the same song or artist at 50%. I've also created 2 playlists that I will use on dates (since B doesn't care for a lot of my musical choices) and a "church" one for helping us focus on God as we ride to Sunday morning or youth group.

Saying all of that, I was curious to see what the most frequently played songs/audio cuts were now that I've hit the 1000 song milestone. I think it gives a good picture of my rather eclectic, (some would say weird) musical tastes. So here's my "Top 25 Most Played" tracks in order--I may blog about this again when I hit 1500.

1) To Alsan's Camp - from the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe soundtrack. This was a surprise to me. I do love soundtracks though.

2) Startin' Monday - Terry Taylor. A folk classic about procrastination from Terry's Avacado Faultline solo CD. I'm not sure what that says about me. But I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

3) It's Rainin' - Kirk Franklin. Nike plus allows you the option of picking a "power song" to get you going if you need a musical "boost". I've never selected one but this would unofficially be it if I did. I love the bass line, the choir singing all out, and Kirk acting crazy at the end of the cut. No matter how tired I am while running, I always find myself playing "air bass" and singing along.

4) I'm Ready - Randy Travis. I love his voice. Makes me jealous. This is a gospel tune about "going the distance" which is pretty neat to listen to while running. There's a word or two I would change to be theologically correct, but otherwise, it's a great song.

5) House of Faith - Geoff Moore. This one surprised me. The song has been around for quite a while so I guess it has staying power.

6) C'mon Rock - Stryper. Glad to see an 80's metal hair band make the list. I like other CDs better, but have had "The Yellow and Black attack" for a long time.

7) Tree House - Adam Again. A classic anti-Aparthied song from a classic CD "Ten songs by Adam Again". I had to order a copy of a CD re-issue to get my hands on that track.

8) Audio from Napoleon Dynamite, "This is pretty much the worst video ever made". Makes me smile every time.

9) What it comes to - O.C. Supertones. The 'tones were my favorite band--until they folded a few years ago (snif). I still love ska.

10) Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for me - Yup, from the ride at Disney (not the movie).

11) King of Grace - Sovereign Grace. Surprisingly, the only "worship song" in the list.

12) Take a chance on me - ABBA. I think the shuffle play picks this one a lot because the group begins with "A" - though I can't fully figure out the pattern.

13) Penny Lane - The Beatles. I have a lot of Beatles.

14) Grim Jamming Ghosts - A remake of the song from Disney's Haunted Mansion. This type of music makes B question my sanity.

15) More audio from Napoleon Dynamite, "Whaddya gonna do today Napoleon?" "What ever I FEEL like doing!! GOSH!"

16) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles. Boy, do I have a lot of Beatles.

17) Praise the Lord - Five Iron Frenzy. A crazy song from a crazy group.

18) Hoist the Colours - Hanz Zimmer. More Pirates. This time from the third movie's soundtrack.

19) Three Legged Dog - Lost Dogs. The Lost Dogs are my current favorite group.

20) Sadie Hawkins Dance - Relient K. Relient K is in my top five groups--but that's probably another blog.

21) Superfly - O.C. Supertones. Horns, guitars, ska-rockin' AWESOME!

22) Real Love - The Beatles. One of the last two songs made (post humously) by all four Beatles. I really, REALLY have a lot of Beatles.

23) Let's Go - The Cars. 70's rock. What can I say?

24) What's This? - Danny Elfman. The best song from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

25) Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra. There's a good chance any song that was on the pop charts from 1977 - 1979 will eventually make it onto my iPod. There are exceptions of course.

So there you have it. The top 25 Most Played songs on my iPod (as of today). Makes you feel sorry for B as she shakes her head in disbelief doesn't it? Don't worry, I'm used to it!

No comments: