Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Can-can

Oh my!!!!!
I think I need to take more pics.
But honestly, my hands were just too messy!!!

This past weekend, we went peach picking. In much less than an hour, all 8 of us picked two bushels of peaches. YUM!!!!
I made.....
two pies
a batch of low sugar jam
a batch of regular peach jam
a large batch of peach butter
13 qts of sliced canned peaches
All canned in my hot water canner.....

and 2 frozen gallon bags of slices
and I will be making a double batch of peach cobbler for dh
And I STILL have peaches in my fridge!!!

Oh, and I gave away a basket of peaches and a jar of jam to my host this week in Chapel Hill as a thank you for letting me stay there.

I will try to get a pic of some jars.
Iz sees the Dermatologist tomorrow so.....

Oh....and I did all of this right after I had the world's most terrible cold!! And for fun, I drove about 6 hrs in two days (not counting all the time I spent getting lost) in the middle of all my canning spree.

No comments: