Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yummy Dinner!!

On a board I frequent, there is a lady who is originally from Louisiana. Once, she shared her authentic cajun recipe for red beans and rice. This very inexpensive recipe has become a family favorite here. I must confess that I am NOT a big bean person. I like black beans on occasion. I love chili and I do make a lentil dish that I like. But this dish is super good!! From the moment I start the prep for it to the time we sit at the table, it smells delicious! I have also discovered that some of my children like HOT food. One of them has been known to sprinkle 13 shakes of Tony's on her beans.

If you'd like to try this recipe, go to this link. It's a little article on the lady above and her wonderful recipe. It is extra yummy paired with cornbread from Rosemarie Emro's cookbook.

No comments: