Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What a Sweetie!!

While Ski and I tend to be romantics, it has happened that in our 20+ year relationship, flowers have not been commonly involved. I have dear memories of flowers that Ski has given to me. But while he has given me many other things through the years, flowers are a rarity. Do not be mistaken. Ski is very kind and giving to me. He writes things down that I mention all the time. He buys books for me that he has remembered that I liked. He buys me breakfast and brings coffee home for me. He picks up little things here and there and blesses me often with little things. He knows how I dislike my birthday and always tries to make it special for me. In fact, the frequency of his giving me flowers probably matches my desire for them. I rather like his creativity in giving rather than resorting to the same old thing all the time. But I am a female and I doooo love flowers!! Imagine my delight when the doorbell rang last Thursday afternoon and I received these:



Two dozen of the most fragrant and beautiful roses ever. Not only do they look beautiful, but they smell incredible as well. And they are still going strong!!! I tell you, I am a blessed woman!! The funny thing is that they reminded me of when Ski and I had just begun dating. He came by after I returned to my dorm from the movies with some friends. In his hand were three lovely roses that he had found in our college rose garden. It was going to frost and he cut them for me. He told me that he had picked them just so that they could see how beautiful I was. Isn't that amazing??!!?

Hope you all had a great Valentin's Day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy is sooooo sweet!!!!

Hope you were surprised!!!

I'll be your new commenter!

The Brown Family said...

What a great testimony to God's goodness! Love the flowers :).