Monday, February 9, 2009

It is good to know...

In these days of craziness going on all around us, it can be easy to forget that God is at work. Just last night, I heard about 23 arsons since Jan 1st in the town of Coatesville, PA. That is just loopy!! Then Ski was channel surfing and passed by the Van Impe's show. If you ever want a good scare, just listen to them. :D Seriously, the way he throws around scripture references utterly amazes me, and I know that they intend to be hopeful, but I cannot bear to listen even on a good day. Personally, I don't read or listen to much news. I stay informed, but if I get inundated too much, my temptation is to worry. Yeah....my old man likes to worry a lot -- and I am not talking about Ski. God has graciously kept me from worry and has given me great peace. But still, it is a great blessing when He gives us a glimpse of things that He is doing in the midst of our human turmoil. God is still at work. He still gives hope to the hopeless and He is still greater than all of our trials. He is bigger than the stock market, our bank account, and all of the statistics on the nightly news. And in the midst of it all and above all, He is still a good and loving Father.

No comments: