Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a Few Things to Add..


I really must reiterate how proud I am of Ski.
His persistence was really amazing. I thought I was going to cry when he said "One more time," but he triumphed over the porcelain!! It was a project that was beyond frustrating -- esp since our bathroom is the size of a pigeon hole. And though it was a tight squeeze and plumbing is not Ski's favorite way to pass the time, he got the job done. BTW, we both think that toilet removal is by far the easiest part of this job!!

Through it all, I learned all about flanges and that they are so named closet flanges after the water closet. I also learned that there is such a thing as a toilet shim. And while someone told me that wax rings smell, I learned that this is only the case if it is old. New ones have an unusual odor, but it is neither strong nor offensive. Oh, and I learned that it is really important to read a box before you buy and that bigger is not always better. The extra wax reinforced rings are for commercial toilets and not your run of the mill household toilets.

I think that there is an old lady who works in a Lowes near us who is concerned for out sanity. After so many visits and issues with our installation, we were getting a bit goofy because this is what you need to do or you will become angry or cry. So, we were telling her how we were never going to return to Lowe's again. I think she is convinced that we had been sniffing too much sewer gas.

But God is really good to us. One small example was when, at the last minute, I noticed that the rag was STILL in the sewer drain. Ack!! That would have been bad news. But before we set the thing down, I saw it and pulled it out. Oh, and when the toilet was a bit uneven, I remembered the silly Home Depot book had mentioned toilet shims. Who would have thought it!! Oh, and another thing that I think was completely miraculous is that with the number of times we did and redid this project, we did not break a thing!!!

Oh...and just so you know...the pic above is NOT our bathroom. I want you to know that just in case you are thinking like I am that their bolt looks a bit crooked. LOL

1 comment:

ski said...

Thank you sweetie! I couldn't have done it without you. I promise, here and now, that next Mother's Day we won't have tools and toilet parts from one end of the hallway to the other!

1,2,3