Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New School!!

My poor little 5yo IZ was bored to tears with his school, so I decided to try something new and different. I am doing a really simple preschool thing with him and when we are done, we will jump into the next book. It is only our first week, but I am loving it. Anyway, I learned something funny about Iz today. Apparently, he does not like to get his hands messy. :) He had to glue beans to the letter 'A' and he kept wanting to go wash. It took him forever to finish gluing because he kept picking the dried glue off of his fingers.

The only problem with what we are doing is that mommy wants him to show daddy some of what we're doing. This takes quite a bit of coaxing.

I did another funny thing today. The subject of food allergies came up and my dd said something about asking children what they're allergic to. I told her that it didn't always work. As an example, I asked Isaac. All he could come up with was peanuts and ice cream cones. We have talked about this before and I know that he knows what he is allergic to. But I decided to work on this. I made a little poster with Office Publisher with photos of foods and names of things that he is allergic to. I couldn't fit them all on, so I just did 6. The allergist has been on his mind lately as well so we talked about that. He isn't thrilled with going back and getting stuck with a needle. So, I explained the tests to him and the "why" of it all as we looked at the photos.

Finally, my other son's leg is healing. We still aren't sure what it is, but it was only on his leg. We think it might have been poison ivy since the boy is highly allergic to it. However, there were aspects that didn't fit so who knows..... Iz has bumps on his belly, but we are fairly sure this is an eczema flair and not related to the other son's bumps.

No comments: