Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not a Thing....

I have pulled up my page to blog a number of times, but I just haven't been able to.
I have been thinking and thinking of fun things to say, but there is not a thing to be funny about.

On Monday, Ski, Iz, and I made the trek to Durham.
We got there later than we hoped, but that was ok. We had nothing planned. For a little bit we vegged in front of the tv and watched "Cash Cab" which Iz thought was cool. He even got some questions right. Then we hunted for dinner. We made a quick stop at Whole Foods and then we found a cool little Middle Eastern place. Well, it wasn't that cool. But I love middle Eastern food, so I thought it was pretty neat. Ski and I split our plates of gyro and kafta. They had the most amazing tahini and hummus. We ended up eating outside because if you wanted to, you could smoke a hookah. No one was doing that, but we thought we had better eat at the outside tables just in case. But seriously, I have decided that dh and I should move to Durham to get our Masters at Duke so we can eat all of our meals at this place. The hysterical thing is that they have a "no Ketchup" rule and even t-shirts that say this, but the guy plunked down a bottle of ketchup at our table with our order.

After dinner, we tried to find coffee, but couldn't find a Starbucks until 10:30 and they had already closed. ;( So, we went off to the hotel for bed. I then woke up at 4:30, 5:00, and 5:30 when I finally got up and took a shower. I am NOT a morning person. I do not sleep well anywhere that is not my own bed.

Iz had breakfast and we all went off to get coffee (or juice) and we ended up at Iz's appointment 45 minutes early. The long and short of our appointment....Iz badly failed the skin test for egg. He developed a huge welt and the allergist said that even if his blood work looked good, we would NOT be doing an egg challenge. When he had his blood drawn, he barely flinched and he DID think it was cool to watch the blood run through the tube. He got a cool floppy dog from the treasure chest and a build-a-bear dog from the lobby table for Chidren's Hospital patients. He also got two cool Hurricanes posters from a guy in the lobby.

It will be a month or so until we find out the results of blood work. Unless there is something earth shattering in that blood work, it looks like we will be status quo (no diet changes) until next August. I am learning not to get my hopes up too much. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow!
I heard that at some hotdog place ketchup is an abomination!!
I never thought of what a middle eastern place would PUT ketchup on!hmmmm....

Christelle said...

what exactly is the no ketchup rule? i am missing something here!

poor iz! too bad we can't challenge anything! =(

Hannah said...

It means they don't serve ketchup.

skisgirl said...

But they DO serve fries....with pepper and other stuff sprinkled on them.