Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Half of a Century


My initial trip to PA was due to the fact that my parents celebrated their 50th Anniversary. My mother said that she never thought that she would make it to her 50th. There is good reason for that. Both of my parents graduated from college and taught for a number of years before they decided to attend Seminary. My mother did not marry until she was 32. They knew each other a short time and were engaged within a matter of months. When my father finally asked my mother out, he asked her for TWO dates. But you see, the odds were against my father and very much so in my mother's favor. There were only a handful of women at the seminary amongst a sea of men.

We only had a small family celebration at my parents' home -- mostly because my brothers and I aren't great at planning.




The following Sunday, my brother took my parents to The Hershey Hotel for brunch and I got to join them. What a yummy treat for all of us!!





No comments: