Sunday, August 23, 2009

iPod wOrthy: FF5

No, not FFH. FF5--Family Force Five. These guys are totally nuts. They're my #2 band (Lost Dogs, FF5, U2) and I REEEALY hope I can get a chance to see them when they come to town in October. We'll see. Their music swings back and forth between keyboard infused "dance" songs and harder rock. They throw guitars across the stage to each other--DURING a song and they all have surnames like SoulGlowActivatr, Phatty, and Chapstique.

There are some bands/musicians I listen to because their talent is just WAAAYYY beyond anything I've seen (and I've seen/heard a LOT of music in my 43 years). There are other bands, though, that give me a similar feeling to looking at modern art. Half of it's "Heck, I could've done THAT!" the other half is "Brilliant!! Why didn't I do that!" or even better yet, "Boy, I'd love to do SOMETHING like THAT some day" Family Force Five is a "some day" band for me.

If a bunch of crazy dudes from Atlanta can create "comic book hero-type" faith- based rock and dance music and not let any lack of talent (which they have) or dancing ability (which, well...never mind) get in the way of having a good time (while not taking themselves too seriously), hmmmmm. I believe I'll have a piece of that!

1 comment:

Nathaniel G. said...

Yeaya!! Awesome video! =D