Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cat Stories

Iz, who is 6, has a very creative mind.
One Sunday morning, while on our way to church, he began telling us a story. It involved one of our kitties and these have evolved into what I affectionately term as Cat Stories. I think it all began in response to an incident where mom and dad asked once again which child was responsible for a mysterious event in the house. Of course, no one claimed to be the guilty party and I probably said something like...."Well, I guess it all happened by itself." Iz took that and ran with it. He began relating how Missy had done this or that which eventually led to the incident in question.

Now, when I am bored or the two of us are alone somewhere or we are driving as a family in the car, I ask him to tell me a Cat Story. They end up being hysterical. They are all about the misadventures of our kitties. They play games, cook on the grill, make spaghetti. You name it, our kitties have done it!! It is especially funny to picture one of our kitties doing these things since it is very obvious that she does NOTHING but eat and sleep. Sometimes, the other kids will try to join in, but their stories are not nearly as creative or funny as Iz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. You should write them down or record him telling some of them.