Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello old friend....

Garden Keeper

I grieve...
For all the times I have lied.
Did you wonder if I would ever change?
Did you fret about the snakes and bugs
That lurked when you weren't there?

I wonder...
How much did you really know?
Was the battle for my soul
More clear to you than I could see?
Or was it merely revelation in the passage of time?

It seems...
My life was like my sorry patch of beans.
It did not seem weedy and overgrown.
Till I peeked underneath the shady leaves
And discovered pests and tendrils dwelling there.

Tender...
Although it didn't seem to be
When you poked the leaves and shoots
Revealing disease and parts the insects chewed away
And yearning I would find the sun and rain.

Thank you.
For I know you must have prayed
Weeping...praying...never ending
And I know...you have never given up
Never ceased to love me so well and I...so undeserving.

-rag

*******THIS WORK IS PROPERTY OF THE AUTHOR AND NO REPRODUCTION IS PERMITTED WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM AUTHOR. ALL OTHER USE CONSTITUTES THEFT ********

No comments: