Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Date Night Misadventures

Tonight was another one for the record books.

Plan #1: Our usual night out is on a Thursday. This week, however, things were different. We had a friend offer us the chance to see a preview of a movie. So, we planned to go tonight instead. But things did not work that way. Somehow, we never got the information that we needed from our friend. But since Ski is a planner and had already planned to go out tonight, he stuck with that plan.

Plan #2: Ski thought about going to a new place that he had heard of. Unfortunately, that place happens to be closed on Tuesday nights.

Plan #3: I have seriously been craving Middle Eastern food. We ate at a wonderful place in town once so Ski decided to go there. It is way out, but so worth the drive. We finally got there only to find that it was no longer there. It had vanished and there was no sign of it at all. SUCH a disappointment!!!

Plan #4: Try another place en route to home. I directed Ski to where I remembered it and I either did not remember clearly, or the place no longer existed.

Plan #5: Try a place listed on the GPS. We headed there and it was not longer there. It was now a Shomars.

Plan #5: Try another place on the GPS that sounded interesting. It was. In fact, it was a bit too interesting for Ski. It was Eithiopian cuisine which we would have tried, but it was a tad pricey and I felt the setting was slightly creepy. I'd rather have a recommendation from someone for that place.

Plan #6: A noodle place. We drove there, walked up...it had just closed.

Plan #7: A Mexican place. We weren't sure what the prices were and decided that if we were thinking about that, maybe we should just drive closer to home and try a Chinese place.

Plan #8: Chinese. Friends had mentioned this place as having large portions and good prices and good food. Finally we had success. It was pretty good food. The portions were very large and prices were good. The ambiance...Ski wasn't fond of it (her seriously would not have liked the Eithiopian place!!). The music was REALLY funny. It was really jazzy versions of 70s and 80s music. It was hysterical. It reminded me of the German movie that we saw recently that was mostly set in Japan.

Then to top it off....I have been knitting a scarf. Between plans 3 & 4, I asked Ski to stop by A C Moore so I could pick up another skein. I have been in two other A C Moores recently looking for this stupid yarn. At the last one I visited, I asked a clerk for help. She looked at me and kept walking and I had to talk fast so she would half stop and talk to me. She wasn't any help anyway. Tonight, once again, I was disappointed. Yarn in every color but the one I needed.

So we talked a lot on our date, but between the last two plans, the conversation lulled and consisted more of "watch out!! Did you see that guy" and "I hate how people drive around here." And all the way home, I lapsed into a Chinese accent which I do very well.

No comments: