Friday, November 7, 2008

For those of you who don't know, I'm a Bobby Bowden fan. B and I met at a Division III school so we don't really have any alumni ties to any college team (though we have family @ Penn State). But our neck of the woods is smack dab in the middle of the ACC so years ago I started rooting for Florida State.

Truthfully they've been mediocre at best since I started pulling for them (hmmm) but they're usually in the thick of things and they're fun to watch for a few hours on an occasional Saturday. N likes them too.

While I don't hear much about the players, except for those that choose to act like thugs and get suspended, I was proud to read about Myron Rolle, one of FSU's best defensive players. On Nov. 22nd, he's chosen to miss the game with Maryland (which may turn out to be critical to our shot at a bowl game and his career possibilities in the NFL) to conclude final interviews in hopefully becoming, get this....a Rhodes Scholar! Pretty awesome!

How about that Gator fans?? (=

I think it's cool too that the FSU coaching staff is totally behind his decision and encouraging him to go for it.

Makes me proud to be a 'Nole fan!

No comments: