Monday, June 1, 2009

Great product

This is a boring post and I am going to warn you ahead of time. However, recently, on the boards I visit, there have been lots of people who have been asking about clogged drains. So here is my story....

Our house has always had slow drains. I am sure that it doesn't help that my three dds and I have longer hair. A few years ago, the drains were so bad that we were buying drain cleaner once a week for our drains. Since I am so frugal and have the opinion that there MUST be a better way to do things and I was worried about the effect of that much caustic substance in my pipes, I did some research. I couldn't find anything, but about the same time I tired of buying drain cleaner, I chanced to hear someone mention the zip-it. So the next time I went to Lowes, I spent less than $3 and bought this little gizmo.

A zip-it is a long, flexible stick. It has jagged little teeth on both sides. What you do is shove this stick down your drain and then pull it back out. What you pull out is absolutely disgusting. It stinks, and it looks dreadful. But if you do this once or twice, your drains will will be clear. Since I bought this product, I have not bought a single bottle of drain cleaner. When the drains start to slow, I just get out my zip-it and we are back in business. You can even do your tubs and showers!! The only drain I don't do is my kitchen sink.

If you want to check out the website, go here. I will warn you that they have pics of the gross stuff that comes out. It is the best $2 and change I think I have ever spent!!

No comments: